Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

It's alive! 1/6th King Tiger!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

It's alive! 1/6th King Tiger!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 06:10 PM
dgsselkirk

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Default It's alive! 1/6th King Tiger!

Still a lot of work to do but it lives! So running with the Clark TK80X which is specifically made to run with external ESC's for that I am using Sabretooth ESC's . The Sabertooth is running a big 6S lipo 22.5V and the Clark board is run off a 7.4v 2200 MAH. the Clark has onboard dual 15W amp for the speakers. will probably move down to a 3S Lipo that we did test with as the 6S just has so much power and runs so fast! Michael has the end points down to 10% in this video! LOL! gotta do some cleats on the ramp to help with traction. Will be adding smokers for exhaust and try to get the firing squib up and running too. Didn't work in this go round. And of course whole new paint job and details to be added but we are getting there! Many, Many thanks to my friend MichaelC for doing the electronics install. could have done it without you! :-) As always subscribe to my youtube channel for tons more tank videos, this years battle season, and there will be updates on the beast as we go!!! You can also check out my little store website for 1/16 stuff and tank projects that we have done. https://dgsselkirk.wixsite.com/dgsmilitaryhobby

The following 2 users liked this post by dgsselkirk:
Old MSgt (05-01-2024), tankme (04-27-2024)
Old 04-27-2024, 05:36 AM
tankme

Received 209 Likes on 171 Posts

Looks good. Does seem to run a little fast, but I do like to run most of my tanks at this scale at 6S or 24V just for the shear power. What are the specs on this as in who makes it?
Old 04-27-2024, 06:07 AM
Tankhobby

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

Looks good. What is the amp rating for the 6S battery? I'm assuming that is an Armortek tank?
I'm working on smoke for the gun barrel and I added the Taigen flash unit for gun flash. I'm working on my Sherman Dragon conversion first them will add it to my Armortek Pershing. I used the Henlong smoker for the gun smoke but I think the GITANKSMOKER units will work better. I used one for the engine smoke on my Sherman tank and it works great.
Old 04-27-2024, 09:28 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

It's mark 1, Nick. Dean, I should have my jagdpanther in shape fairly soon, you can bring your King Tiger down to the border and we'll lob shells at each other across the Detroit river. Bwahahaha
Old 04-27-2024, 09:28 AM
RC_BobM

Received 97 Likes on 76 Posts

Looks great - good to see some big stuff running!
B
Old 04-27-2024, 09:31 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Nick, I'd really like see more on your smoke and flash, did you do a thread on that? I'm eagerly looking forward to flagrantly copying all of your hard work. 😇
Old 04-28-2024, 09:38 AM
dgsselkirk

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

Yes, this is a Mark 1 tank. It is an old one! built in 2010. It was equipped with squibs for fireworks in the barrel but haven't quite got that to work yet. Thought about flash and smoke but that will be a last resort if I can get it to fire but pretty confident to get it working. Scratch building a convoy light and thinking about how to do headlight too. Lots of precise drilling for that one!

On the battery side of things yes, the 6S is overkill and for normal use will be using a 3S . will run much smoother.
Old 04-28-2024, 12:57 PM
Tankhobby

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

Hi Gary, I just posted a video and some pics on my thread. It looks good but I need to do more work. But it works so now just to tweak it!

Aren't there blank firing systems that someone made for 1/6 scale tanks? I would imagine that may be a little too loud?