Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Introducing the UFB series air traps. >

Introducing the UFB series air traps.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Introducing the UFB series air traps.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 02:45 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Introducing the UFB series air traps.

Dear all.

I would like to introduce you to our new air trap system.

This is a unique product that features a number of new advancements for fuel systems and that is derived from a fuel buffer system we have designed and produced for one of the largest UAV manufacturer in the World for over a year now. Although the latter design is proprietary, I managed to evolve from this sufficiently to offer it as a different product for the UAV and hobby market.

The main features of this system are:

1. Crash proof ( complies to 10 meters drop test )
2. Fully dismantable for servicing. All spares are available.
3. Uses the best pleated paper filter membranes available on the market and features a very low suction drag.
4. Offered in 4 different sizes from 100 N to 1000 N
5. Made from ballistic grade polycarbonate, Al 6061 aluminum and SLA 3D printing shock proof resin.
6. Machining and printing processes are done to 50 micron/ 0.0020" resolution

http://www.ultimate-jets.net/product...fer-ufb-series

Some people might argue: what's the point offering a crash proof air trap if the tank and flimsy and brittle?
Well, actually, we are also offering a crash proof fuel tank system that complies to the same 10 meter drop test rating.

http://www.ultimate-jets.net/product...el-tank-system

Sizes offered are:

UFB 155 for max 155 N thrust engines
UFB 250 for max 250 N thrust engines
UFB 500 for max 500 N thrust engines
UFB 1000 for max 1000 N thrust engines

The air trap can be chosen with different barbed fitting sizes from 1/8" ( for the UFB 155 ) to 3/16", 1/4" or the very large 5/16" ID for 1000 N class engines. It is also available with push-to-connect fittings of 6 mm, 8 mm and 10 mm OD.

Here is a picture of the UFB 155:

It is shown here with its aluminum bracket. The center core is slotted and the filter membrane is visible from the slots. There is a 1 mm gap between the membrane and the core unit to allow for maximum fuel suction area. The membrane runs along the entire length of the core and its surface is up to 4 times higher than competitor products.
The tank caps can be clocked by increments of 20 degrees to modify the tension on the polycarbonate tube. This is what gives the crash proofness to the unit. It can vary depending on the outside air temperature. In general a higher tension is required for cooler temperatures.

The 3D printed mount is quite small and allows to fasten the unit very close to the tray. It is made form a very strong shock proof and flexible material printed on our SLA machines that is specified to absorb the high frequencies produced by our jet engines that can generate a bit of fuel foaming in some cases.

We are currently in the process of batch manufacturing on our CNC machines and will offer the UFB 155 and 250 for sales by the end of September.

Last edited by olnico; 08-17-2016 at 02:57 AM.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:09 AM
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Looks fantastic!
Old 06-16-2024, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air trap Ultimate Fuel Buffer UFB 155 series

Hello dear Oli,

I want to congratulate you on your new Enata project, but I am very sad because Ultimate-jets no longer exists. I want to ask you a question, is it possible to get an Air trap Ultimate Fuel Buffer UFB 155 series. I have been trying to get one of these for many years, I love the designs that were part of Ultimate-jets.

Greetings,

Jeronimo

Last edited by jerito888; 06-16-2024 at 08:47 PM.